What is a Microdermabrasion Facial?
The microdermabrasion technique works with microcrystals, which are hard enough to disrupt tired skin cells which cause dull looking skin, but small enough not to do cause damage, discomfort or pain. The technique involves propelling the microcrystals across the skin’s surface, removing just the top layer of skin cells.
The technology reveals new, living cells leaving a healthy glow. The epidermal layers of the skin are rejuvenated leading to collagen production and plumper skin.
After a Microdermabrasion Facial
Microdermabrasion is a progressive procedure. After the first session your skin will feel softer and you may see a very subtle improvement. Generally, a course of treatments is required to gain visible improvement. Your skin however will improve with additional treatments as increased circulation is noted within the dermis and newer, healthier skin cells are produced.
The only real side effect is possible temporary redness of the skin, which soon fades.
IS MICRODERMABRASION RIGHT FOR ME?
WILL I FEEL ANY PAIN?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DIRECTLY AFTER TREATMENT?
- You may have some redness and your skin may feel warm/tighter than usual. This will start to improve over the following 2-3 hours, subsiding normally within 24 hours.
- It is natural for some patients, dependent on skin type, to experience a slight shedding, this is a normal side effect and nothing to be worried about.
- Mineral-based makeup can be applied directly after treatment, but we do advice clients to wait at least 24 hours to apply any other type of base make-up to enable the products to work uninhibited.
WHAT IS YOUR AFTER TREATMENT ADVICE?
- Avoid saunas, exercise, and hot baths/showers until the redness has gone.
- Avoid intensive sunlight and artificial UV exposure for at least 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
- Your skin may become dry 3-5 days following the treatment which normally subsides in a few days.
- Always make sure that your hands are thoroughly clean when touching your face post procedure. Use tepid water and a non-irritant cleanser to cleanse the face following the treatment, until the redness has gone.
- It is recommended that makeup is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure where possible.
- Treatment intervals are recommended every 10-14 days with a course of treatments, and maintenance monthly, or as required.
HOW OFTEN DO i NEED TREATMENTS?
Larkham House Dental Practice
49 Larkham Lane
GET IN TOUCH TODAY
and book your free consultation